Re: Website Critique Request: HCG

by Chris Messina <cmessina(at)sandstormpublishing.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 May 1998 20:41:03 -0400
 To:  gmiller(at)gatewayone.com
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>>      ease of navigation--well, it was pretty easy to just scroll down
the page. Most of the links I tried took me to another place on the page

should i break those "name-linked" pages into separate pages?

>>      quality of design (or lack thereof)--maintains the high standards
we've come to expect from you! Crisp, clean, colors that are eye-pleasing.

>However...I'm not a big fan of frames to begin with, but I especially
>disliked the frame breaking up the art the way it does, leaving me with
>the edge of a telephone and part of a map of the US which, BTW, I had
>trouble figuring out when the art was whole and when it stands alone (as
>it does in Long Distance, Property Management, etc), it looks like part
>of a lady's high-heeled shoe.

I've just written over to the techniques list for help on this (as well as
a reported "blue-text" version of the main info...) hopefully i'll figure
out how to make the bg non-tiling like it SHOULD be! :)

and just maybe I really should change the logo. Any thoughts??

>Also, at my resolution, with Netscape's "location bar" in view, only
>"Long Distance Service" and "Telephone Equipment" show up as links on
>the "About Page" (left frame) and I presume  "Property Management" is
>there also but invisible to me.

I'll have to look in to that!

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris Messina