Re: Critique for a personal/poetry site

by Chris Messina <cmessina(at)sandstormpublishing.com>

 Date:  Tue, 09 Jun 1998 23:24:35 -0400
 To:  "Shing Khor" <shing(at)mozcom.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

-( http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/6620/poetry.html )

Not a bad site... a couple suggestions:

1. font size varies ALL over the place. Try for more consistency.
2. Tables looked nice but they didn't seem to accentuate what you were
doing... Maybe if there were more poems it would make more sense, but I
looked at the Pessimism page and there was just "I Cry" and it was like,
'yeah, I know it's there, I can already see it!' You can keep the colors,
etc. but try and make sure that what you design is done for a reason.
3. Catergories is spelled categories.
4. I liked the download option--but I wasn't sure if there was an online
version to preview or not (I didn't look too hard). Also, all that
info(requirements) on the Download page is superfluous; just through a
button/link to Winzip.com and they should figure it out.
5. Repeating the categories in the left table column didn't accomplish
anything nor does it look aesthetically pleasing. I would repeat the Poetry
Station links you have at the bottom above the table.

That's all I've got for now. Good luck!

Chris Messina
Webmaster -|- Sandstorm Publishing
http://www.sandstormpublishing.com