RE: Credit where it's due

by Kersti at Work <kanear(at)pacificaccess.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 02 Nov 1998 09:51:48 +1100
 To:  Natalie Verge <nsv(at)mb.sympatico.ca>
 Cc:  "Hwg-Critique (E-mail)" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
OK, I do agree to some extent. I think that if a site design has been
ripped off from someone else wholesale (ie no change to colours etc) then
yes, that should be noted or else the critique is really about someone
else's site... but then, it is still worthwhile to have someone point out
that this background doesn't work etc etc

On the other hand, most of my sites have evolved from someone else's
design. I don't claim the initial design as my own, but I do claim a new
look and feel... where does that fit in?

If you're after a critique of a site and some part of it has been taken
wholesale, it probably is worth noting...

Kersti

At 08:58 AM 10/30/98 -0600, Natalie Verge wrote:

>Maybe I did jump to action too fast, but it just struck me that the whole
look of the site was dependent on someone else's work - not just a piece of
clip art or two - and that aspect left me wondering what exactly the
designer did want us to critique. That's why, in my original post, I said
that people should say what they created and what they didn't.

>You may still not agree (hey - diversity is good!)   ;-)  but now I hope I
sound a little less shrewish!  (Maybe I was having a bad day yesterday!)