Re: Critique Request [ http://www2.isys.ca/tawaern/index.html ]

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:44:07 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:08 PM 1/6/99 -0500, Todd Waern wrote:

>Please give my personal site a critique.  Just have to re-do it, as my ISP
>has been having problems with thier web server, etc..
>
>The URL is http://www2.isys.ca/tawaern/index.html

Hey Todd,

First, I would have just regularly sized type. I don't feel it is necessary
to have huge type unless you are making a specific point.

I would have text links in addition to your javascript menu.

Don't worry about telling people your site is under construction. EVERY
site is under construction!

I would present your personal info in a different way. Tables are fine, but
perhaps get rid of the borders and have the table run across instead of up
and down. You can get all of that info on one or two scrolls instead of 3
or four. However, having the smaller type may just solve this problem.

Please do re-submit the site when you have finished remodeling it!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com