Re: Critique request

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:45:32 -0600
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:47 AM 1/28/99 -0800, Rambish, Joseph M wrote:

>I maintain a web presence for a non-profit fraternal organization and would
>appreciate any constructive feedback. The web site is at
>http://members.tripod.com/~buckley_eagles/index.html

Hi Joe!

First, never let the browser resize your pics for you. The banner at the
top of the page look REALLY bad because you are not displaying it at the
dimensions it was created in. Either use the right dimensions or use your
graphics program to resize the graphic to the size you want.

What animated welcome sign is totally pasee'. I would create one yourself
or get a more distinctive one.

It's good to see you have controls on the music so folks can turn it off.
Does the Clarinet Polka or any of the other sounds you use have anything to
do with the Buckley Eagles? If not, I would just as soon not have it on the
site. In my opinion, background sounds are kind of useless unless they are
part of the content or have a direct connection to the site's content.

It would be a good idea to organize this front page better. There is really
no navigation scheme and it is confusing as a result.
The "special activities" and the "activities" links should go somewhere
else besides besides by the banner.

You need to use ALT tags on all of your graphics. You use little to none.

Basically, it is a good start, but I think you need to think about
organization for better surfing for your visitors. Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com