Re: please critique book-meditations site-this has its URL

by Virginia Blalock <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:42:31 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:57 PM 7/19/99 , Lady Wistfulee wrote:

>http://www.c4asap.com

Hey there. Everything loaded nice and fast for me. The navigation was
fine-a little plain but that's ok.

First of all, that background graphic is quite loud. I would use something
simpler. Not everyone has the font you specified. You should at least
specify alternative fonts that are basic such as Arial and/or Helvetica. If
you are looking for a professional feel for the site, I would personally
lose the Tempus Sans ITC and stick with something like Arial. Much of the
type is also quite large and I feel unnecessary. There is also no need to
center all the text. It looks odd in many places.

I would put the counter on the bottom instead of where it is which is
fairly conspicuous. I personally don't mind counters but many others feel
that professional sites should not have a visible one. Good luck!

Virginia's Visions
http://visions.simplenet.com