Re: critique photography site

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:04:01 -0500
 To:  enigma <enigma13(at)southwest.com.au>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Liah,

Clean first page, the second page with the Java is a little slow to load on
a 56k.

I would not use a counter -- it advertises both a page's popularity, and
it's lack thereof. In the case of this site, it would be lacking since the
main page is the one where people decide to stay or go. See if the host
offers some good tracking stats and use that for your friend instead of a
visible counter.

Strongly consider underlining the links -- it's pretty universal for most
viewers to click on something underlined. The links in the text are
different colors, but that underline could help invite further surfing.

Now, I've read a lot of frame bashing on HWG lists, but your frames are
excellent. They don't interfere with the flow of copy. I also like the way
the frame titles adjust depending on the area of the site. This way, people
can bookmark and come back a little easier than with some framed sites.

On the guestbook, your background is repeating and obscuring the words.

Very nice -- lovely experience. Thank you!
Tamara

I'm using Win95, 800x600, 15-inch monitor