Re: Your choice Noose/pat on the back

by "swhwg" <swhwg(at)neo.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:27:29 -0500
 To:  Pat Greenfield <grandane(at)grandane.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Pat,

Hope all is going well!  I have some free time, so I thought I'd review
your site.  Here we go...

My settings:
	Windows 98, 1024x768, Internet Explorer 5.0, Cable Modem

Site:
	http://www.grandane.com/K9/index.html

Load time:
	Site loaded very quickly, but I'm on a cable modem; most sites load quickly.

First Impression:
	The site has a homey appeal to it.  My first impressions of the site are
favorable.

Color Scheme:
	The color scheme for the site is appropriate.

Navigation:
	The navigation is easy and, for the most part, consistent.  I like the use
of the mouseover JavaScript effect, but I have one question.  I noticed
that the images for Home, Gallery 2, and Next appear to have shadows behind
the word when you move your mouse over them, but Gallery 1 and Gallery 3
don't.  Just curious why you did the former differently from the latter.
	The Contact and NJ Kennel graphics are positioned differently on different
pages.  On some, they're next to each other (i.e. on page3.html).  On
others they're vertically oriented (i.e. on page2.html).

Coding:
	The coding is clean.  I didn't validate the site because it looks as if
you already have.

index.html:
	On the first page, the horizontal rule at the bottom of the page appears
to the left of the Crown Web Design graphic.  If this was intentional, then
don't worry about it.  If the image is supposed to appear below the
horizontal rule similarly to the Linux graphic and copyright information,
then you may want to fix it.
	Only a personal opinion, but I would change the opening graphic that reads
"Come along in, all friends are welcome!" to "Come in, all are
welcome!"  That's only a personal opinion, however.

page1.html:
	I like the left bar and the background image of the paw print.

page2.html:
	I like this page.  I especially like the rippling effect that you used in
the picture.

page3.html:
	Just a note, the navigation is vertically oriented on this page as opposed
to horizontal on all other pages.

Other gallery pages: (page4.html and page5.html)
	These gallery pages are consistent with the first and the overall
impression of the site.

Overall impressions:
	The site gives a favorable overall impression.  You have some gorgeous dogs.

Seth Wilschutz
swhwg(at)neo.rr.com
sw