Re: Please Critique this radio station web-site

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 29 May 2002 11:00:39 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Justin...

The load time is site suicide and part of the solution is:
tweetershot1.jpg is coded to 175x75 pixels, in fact it is 350x150 pixels
and 36K, a 6K image is possible.
zowlogobanner.jpg is displayed at it's actual size but is 187K when a 22K
image is possible.

The site colors are fine, red yellow is a common combination.

The "Double Rock" is overdone.

What I really dislike is a home page that's a web grenade. The word count
is over 800,  there are more than 80 links, and for the majority of surfers
(800x600) it scrolls 4 times. For the moment there are a lot of sites like
this one out there where most of what has been learned about communications
in general and communications online in particular is being ignored. The
attention span of a visitor online is short and growing shorter. Fast and
easy are the watch words. Content needs to be rethought... giving visitors
such a detailed look at the entire site on the home page is a bad idea.

Steve