Re: Commercial Splash

by Michael_Beane(at)umit.maine.edu (Michael Beane)

 Date:  Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:36:07 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ladye(at)gothic.net.au,.Internet writes:
>At 14:58 8/02/99 -0800, Nicolo Raffo wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'd like a critique on a splash page I'm working on for a commercial
>page.
>>There's a different version set for NN 4 and MSIE 4. I don't know if I
>>should use one of them or scrap the whole idea.
>>
>>http://members.xoom.com/cameronrods/

>I'm afraid it made me motion sick

>LadyEliza

NN4.05 1024x768

I liked it.  I got a chuckle from the above motion sickness...I've been
out of the Navy for two years now, and this was the closest I've come
to feeling like I was looking over the edge of the ship in a long time.

I waited long enough to see the words leave the screen.

IMO, I would kind of direct the casual surfer to maybe CLICK HERE or
ENTER HERE or something, to help give them a guide on in.

Sincerely,
Mike Beane