Re: Fireworks2 (was Trial Programs)

by Reywob(at)aol.com

 Date:  Wed, 20 Oct 1999 02:38:24 EDT
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 10/19/99 10:21:40 PM GMT Daylight Time, randy(at)kapaa.com
writes:

> As you can probably tell, I am a firmly entrenched PSP user, now
>  upgraded to v6. There are *tons* of PS plugins that work with PSP, many
>  of them free. My feeling is that if you can't do it with Paint Shop Pro
>  it's _probably_ not worth doing (for web graphics) wg as opposed to
>  print graphics--.jpg for photos, gif for text effects and logos, png if
>  you want to be at the cutting edge.

What about compression?  I'm a great supporter of this, being on a 28.8bps
modem!  What is this like in PSP6?  Will it compress pngs?

 IMHO, FW is overpriced and overrated
>  and most stuff done with it has a kind of 'canned' look. Of course,
>  that's me. PhotoShop does do a few things, notably, lighting effects,
>  that PSP won't, but it's not worth the bucks. If you have an unlimited
>  budget, buy everything, personally I'm a big time 'best bang for the
>  buck' guy!
'fraid not!  Although I might run to PSP6 and FW2 - the combo is still
cheaper than PS5.5.  Still need Dreamweaver though, as its not much good
having loads of art and no website!

Peter.