Re: Image Quality?

by "Rob King" <kilroy(at)radiks.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:42:09 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
<lisa(at)jl-technologies.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The easy way is after you get your images set, before you save them as a
jpg, convert them to an optimized 256 color pallet.  Then save them as a
jpg...   I also noticed alot of compression marks on your jpgs. I know you
were trying for file size restriction, so you might think about using a
4:4:4 compression or at least a 4:2:2 compression instead of the 4:1:1
compression that PSP4 comes with (At least I dont remember it using 4:2:2)
Ulead makes a great web Graphics tool called Web Razor...   you might want
to check that out... www.ulead.com .  Ulead only goes to 4:2:2 But its a
great plug-in for doing web graphics...  Corel Paint 8 is the only one that
I know of that does 4:4:4 compression....

If you need any more help or a better explination feel free to email me:)

Rob King
Graphics Director
Radiks Internet Access
rking(at)radiks.net