RE: Background colour gradients

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:44:57 +1100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That is one line of thought.
However a 1 pixel high background will make the browser
have to load and render it 600 or more times.
Some people who say they have tested this will tell
you it is better at 30 pixels high and even though
it is a larger file it will display quicker as it only
gets loaded and rendered 20 times. I have not tested
this myself, but I have always beleived those who say
they have tested and found the second method to be better.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster