RE: ...Corel PhotoPaint 8,...

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:12:44 +1100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I suspect that it (Photopaint) is not at the level of
Picture Publisher. PP is a professional tool that is
able to compete with Photoshop and offers the same
sort of features and abilities. I think that Photopaint
is down a rung from that level. Magazine comparisons would
tend to support that when I read them.

I have used PP since I got a lite version 3 with a scanner
and I have also used Paintshop Pro since version 3 as well as
Fireworks. I have tried Photoshop but was a bit lost in the
interface (need more time to play). I have never used Photopaint.

I think Photopaint succeeds because it comes with Corel Draw and that
package dominates as a vector tool on the PC, so Photopaint gets
its foot in the door on many machines.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster