Re: sunny ray effect

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Mon, 2 Mar 1998 05:55:37 -0600
 To:  <3c(at)nactx.com>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Never tried it, but it should work -

1. Use the pen tool to create the area of your sunbeams
2. Go to Paths and Make selection
3.  Feather the selection to about 10-15
4.  Return to the layer and do a copy to another layer (so you don't damage
your original layer in case you have to do it again)
5.  Go to the new layer and use either the Filters/Render/Lighting Effects
to cast a light in the selected area, or use the Brightness control to
lighten just the highlighted area.  Both ways should work
6.  Then apply a guasian filter to the area, giving it that hazy look.

Don't go overboard with the settings - both the lighting effects and the
gausian filter should be very lightly applied so you won't mar the
background.

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/