Re: FrontPage and Editors

by "Heather Peel, The Net Now" <heather(at)thenetnow.com>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:32:16 -0500
 To:  "Taylor-Made" <taymade(at)home.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Joyce and everyone,

I do agree wholeheartedly with you about using whatever program you are
comfortable with to the fullest.  I'm still struggling very much with Paint
Shop Pro  although I found Photoshop very easy to use.  After hearing on the
hwg-graphics list everyone say the Version 6 was so wonderful I  bought it.
Now, I have a LOT of learning to do to use it, oh well!

However, I would not say that I would agree with your comments on Frontpage.
We do web hosting as well as design.   I do a lot with Frontpage because
that's what a very large portion of our customers use and I also find it
very easy to work with.  Word and the rest of the Office suite are very well
known programs, and Frontpage is an easy learn for those comfortable with
the other Office programs.  Far from finding it problematic, it's a huge
time saver.  However, it does not mean it isn't a good idea to know how to
hand edit as well.  (This is a MUST, even for the novice I feel)  However, I
would be the first to admit that if I did not use a wysiwyg editor to create
pages, I would likely resort to re-using some of my hand coded templates
much too much in order to save time.  Sorry, but I get way too frustrated
way too easily when I do some hand coding in Edit Pad and mess up my page
because of a few 'typos'.  It's much easier to be creative when I can see
the changes live ;-)

I do not post this message to disagree or argue with anyone on the list or
start a huge discussion. However, I thought it would be nice to see a
pro-frontpage comment instead of all the negative I normally see on here.
Wholeheartedly agree with you Joyce.  Use what works!!    What makes a
website good is in the design, graphics and layout for the most part, not in
which tool you use ; )

Heather

Heather Peel        email:   heather(at)thenetnow.com
The Net Now       website:   http://thenetnow.com
**  Affordable Web Hosting and Design  **