Re: A question about Corel:

by "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:07:43 +0200
 To:  "Html Writers Guild Graphics Discussion Group" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Antonio Roji" <aroh99(at)hotmail.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I have never been a good artist, so for the times that I had needed
>graphics, I had get them from other people drawings, but now I want to
>create my own images, but the only program I now to use is Corel
Photopaint,
>but after a while I have discovered that in no place I have read nothing
>about Corel and the web, so can anyone tell me why? Is there any problem
>with Corel?

Antonio,

I placed exactly the same question once.
The problem is that PhotoShop was first and you can find really a lot on
PhotoShop on the web.
But there are also lots of Corel Stuff on the Internet but you have to know
where to find it.
BTW Corel Photopaint is a world class graphical program. Quite excellent I'd
say.

Now about sites:

http://www.unleash.com
>From the creators of the "Corel Draw the Official Guide" books
They have lots of tutorials (even some I wrote :-) ) published on the site.
They also have a Corel e-mail newsletter that you should subsribe to. Watch
out for details at their site.
To be added, visit http://www.unleash.com/orders/guestbook.html .
Read the newsletter online at http://www.unleash.com/news

http://www.corel.com
Official Corel Site
They have a new section with lots of tutorials and goodies. (I don't recall
the exact name or URL but it is on their site)

http://www.corelmag.com
Corel Magazine
(I got a 3 month free password to the magazine somewhere on the official
Corel Site)

http://www.cdug.com
Corel Draw User Group
They also have a very good Corel e-mail discussion list.
Just mail an empty message to help(at)cdug.com to receve full instructions.

http://www.altman.com
Home of the CorelWORLD Letter.
I quote: "This monthly newsletter is:  1) Free;  2) Independent -- we have
no official ties with Corel Corp"

http://www.vakcer.com/oberon
This site is created by Alex Vakulenko who now works for Corel.
He has lots of CorelDraw utilities, scripts at his site.

http://www.coreluser.com
Corel Users Association

http://www.harborside.com/home/e/equinox/cdug/glow-8.htm
http://www.harborside.com/home/e/equinox/cdug/glow-7.htm
A site which I don't know if it still exists but it had good tutorials for
Photopaint 7 and 8

There is more to it, this are just the sites I remember immediately

Have fun

Ramon