Re: Project Scanner

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:34:10 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"f u s i o n" <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Howdy Brian,

>HP ScanJet 6100C
>HP ScanJet 5P

The 6100 is a professional 30 bit scanner. The 5P is a 24 bit.

Myself, I just purchased a new 4P, last years model to the 5P. The 4P can
scan a legal document, the 5P only a letter size. But the main reason I
purchased the 4P, was the price. Currently they are available at just over
half the price of the new 5P! Yes, you read correctly.

Here in Southern California, we have a chain of stores called Office Max.
Last I checked, they had 9 of them stacked on the floor.

If you get the 4P or the 5P, toss the included software and go to the HP
website at  http://www.hp.com and download the DeskScan II software (it's
free). It's a huge improvement and gives you better, clearer scans. By the
way, they also have a side by side comparison of the 5P and the 6100 at the
website, you have to search for it.

I'm very, very pleased with the 4P and use it exclusively in my website
work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<