Re: 'quickres'

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:17:57 -0800
 To:  "C. Cyrny" <ccyrny(at)stuttgart.netsurf.de>,
"Rolf Gronberg" <roffe.g(at)meditech.se>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>> The following was snipped from my ATI graphics card help file:
>> ---------
>> Windows 95 can dynamically change the screen resolution without a system
>> restart, but a change in color depth (16 bpp to 24 bpp, for example)
>> requires a system restart.
>>
>> ATI Desktop Help, � ATI Technologies Inc., Version 2.0
>> ---------
>
>thanks for the information! I kinda wonder, though, why Microsoft
>includes this options into Quickres at all, if it doesn't work!?

I use QuickRes all the time and it works fine for me. Windows warns that it
may not work with all systems. It depends on your particular setup. Works
for some, not for others.

For any of you using FrontPage, you have another option. From the Editor,
click File/Preview in Browser... and there you can specify which resolution
you wish to preview your pages at: 640, 800, or 1024. If you have multiple
browsers loaded on your system, it also gives you the option of which
browser to preview your page in. Nifty.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<