Re: Browser "Safe" colors that aint safe!

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Sun, 15 Mar 1998 12:59:47 -0800
 To:  "Preston" <hailedav(at)erols.com>,
<IE-HTML(at)LISTSERV.MSN.COM>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Preston,

>I've been experimenting with the so-called 216 browser safe color
>palette, and It appears that the colors still show differently
--<snip>---
>Is there nothing I can do about this?

Yes, there is. Save your GIF with an "optimized" color palette. How you do
that depends on your program. But what it does, is create a palette with
*only* the colors necessary to render your image. Hint: fewer colors is
better for file size and rendering on 256 color displays.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<