Re: question on Image Composer

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:24:34 -0700
 To:  "Monica Suzuki" <Monica.Suzuki(at)MCI.Com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Monica,

>Is there anyone else using Image Composer that can tell me how I can get
>my GIF files to look better?

Yes! I use MIC exclusively and love it! MIC lets you directly manipulate the
pixels in "sprites" like a raster program, and move the sprites as separate
objects anywhere on the screen, just like a vector program. This provides a
freedom to work that you won't find in many other graphics programs.

But there is a method you must follow in order to get great looking GIF's.
The upside is that you will have smaller file sizes and they will render
well in 256 color displays.

See my tip at:
http://members.aol.com/mrdemitri/mic/savgif01.htm

Amendment: try saving the color palette with as few number of colors as you
think the image can handle. I start at 32 as a reference point and increase
or decrease depending on the results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<