Re: transparency?

by "T. L." <tl(at)hempseed.com>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:00:47 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org,
Alexandra Hartman <allie(at)ptdprolog.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Allie,

This is what I do in Photoshop to make the images as transparent as
possible.  If someone else has a better technique please enlighten me.
First I take the image and switch it to Index Color in the Image/Mode
menu.  Then I go to GIF89a export.  This will allow you to pick which
color you want to make transparent using the dropper.  You usually
have to pick more than one color, for example....if the color you want
to be transparent is white, you select the main shade of white.  But
there are shades of white which are slightly different (lighter and
darker) and I usually select those to be transparent also if they
don't play any role in the image.  Play around with this option should
be successful.  This is my only technique of transparency in Photoshop
so like I said, if someone else has a better technique please share.

T.L.
tl(at)hempseed.com