Re: Layers in Photoshop

by "Collin Lim" <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:45:29 PST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Andre:

Which version of Photoshop you're using?  In Version 4, each new layer
you create is by default transparent.  If you want the final product to
be transparent, you need to convert to Index Color mode, then export
using GIF89a where you can select a transparent color.

Also in PS4, to rearrange the layers, simply drag the layer up or down
(up being on top) within the layer palette.

-Collin