Re: gif compression

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:00:46 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
if all you need is 8 colors you will still have to use the
16 color option, in any program.  go to Edit Palette, and
you will notice that 17 colors is actually 256 color
palette with most of them set at black.

The difference between 8 and 16 size wise is minimal,
settle for it.

LukO

===
                                luko(at)rocketmail.com
                                luko(at)rocketmail.com
                              L U K E O P P E R M A N
                                luko(at)rocketmail.com

> Thank you I didn't realize that I could do that with
this program.
> The only problem is that PSP will not allow me to
decrease the color
> depth to less than 17 colors.  And for the gifs that I
am making they
> are simple transparent text gifs.  The most colors I
will need will be
> 8.  Any suggestions?

> --
> "Once you start down the dark path forever will it
dominate your
> destiny."

> There are two things that determine the difference
between ministry
> and manipulation:  mission and motive.  That is, what do
you hope to