Re: How'd they get that border?

by ryan_fischer(at)juno.com

 Date:  Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:32:41 -0500
 To:  astrong(at)cyberramp.net
 Cc:  ragecom(at)md2.vsnl.net.in, hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:52:09 -0600 April Strong <astrong(at)cyberramp.net>
writes:
>Neat idea, but.......
>with CSS, tables don't inherit from the parent, so..wouldn't this make
any css
>totally useless for an entire page formatted with css?  I have to code
inside my
>tables separately.  Hmmm. but then...couldn't you asign the stylesheet
elements that
>you wanted to the TABLE tag...

Not to the TABLE tag... to the TD or TH tag.

>I'll have to experiment with that.  I'm just learning to use CSS and I
really like it.
>April Strong

Try this:

BODY, .body	{ /*css stuff here...*/ }

Then, anytime you want to produce the BODY effects but you are inside a
table, you can simply specify CLASS="body".

HTH!  ;-)

-Ryan Fischer
ICQ UIN - 595003