Re: hwg-graphics-digest V1 #201

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:08:07 CDT
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:52:25 -0400
>From: Ira Krakow <krakowi(at)tiac.net>
>Subject: PaintShop Pro 5.0 vs. Photoshop?
>
>I'm a graphics newbie.  I downloaded a copy of PaintShop Pro 5.0 and
found
>it easy to learn.  I also read,
>in David Siegel's Killer Web Site book, that Adobe Photoshop is what
all
>the professional Web designers
>use.
>
>My question...what does Adobe Photoshop have that PaintShop Pro 5.0
doesn't
>have?  Is it worthwhile for a
>novice like me to spring for the money for Photoshop, or can I do
>everything I need in PSP?
>
>PS.  I also found some great PaintShop Pro tutorials at:
>
>http://www.sumrallworks.com/freebies/buttonhole/psp/tutorials/tutorlisting.htm
>http://members.tripod.com/mirar/tutorial.htm
>and
>http://www.pspro.ml.org/text/
>
>Ira

i have been using PSP 3-5 for quite some time now, and i still prefer it
highly over Photoshop. i have never found anything in Photoshop that i
couldn't do as well or better in PSP. thats my personal opinion and i
will continue to use PSP exclusively. my advice to you is not to spring
for Photoshop because all the 'professional Web Designers' all use it.
use what you feel comfortable using. no one has to see which program
your using, they just get to see the images that result. make that
decision on your own, don't let a forum make it for you. latta -
Cyanide_7