Re: Ulead SmartSaver

by dflem(at)ix.netcom.com

 Date:  Fri, 9 Jan 1998 22:35:40 -0600 (CST)
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I haven't tried that particulaar program, but I got a similar reaction out
of the "Web Site Garage" program for reducing gif sizes. It's main efforts
increased the sizes.  I feel you are better off, as several discussion
threads have indicated recently, paying attention to the number of colors
used and designing your images as tightly as possible in the first place.
Dan Fleming
On 01/08/98 23:39:14 you wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>	I've just purchased SmartSaver from Ulead, a program designed to
reduce
>the memory size of .gif .jpg and .png files. On trying the program I found
>that it didn't tell me the correct size of my original image and then told
>me it would reduce the image memory usage by up to 8 times! On checking the
>information afterwards through Windows Explorer in Windows 95 I found that
>the images I used were either the same size as the original or even larger.
>
>	Has anyone else had any experience with this program and therefore
might
>be able to offer any advice as to if I or the program am in error? Thanks
>in advance for your help.
>
>	I've kept this message as short as possible so I don't bore you all
with
>any unnecessary technical data, so I hope I've made my query as clear as I
>can.
>
>Richard (Bald Eagle) Allen
>rallen(at)dial.pipex.com
>http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/rallen/capital.shtml