Re: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ???

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:30:04 +0100 (BST)
 To:  Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jeff Im recounting bits and pieces of arguments that I was listening to
all day ------- I havent sat at the guy's terminal to see what hes done
-- and I have never needed to do more than 15 layers at most in
Photoshop for an image ----

What I do know is that he laid out this project in Photoshop and
vehemently insists that coding isnt necessary and he doesnt have to be
bothered -------

Considering the vast numbers of people out there who "think" they know
what they are doing but havent a clue (as indicated by the web careers
discussion thread) --- what I am hearing that he did is not
implausable. ANd lets not forget the post sent round last night in
whichj someone made mention of something similar but with PDF files?

200, 100. 50 ---whatever --- get over it

I continue to be fascinated with people who are obsessed with BS
details like the number of layers -- the point is a Site isnt generated
by one PSD file -- regardless of how many layers it does or doesnt
have.

Enough people responded about using Photoshop for layout (and thats not
what its for) --- so there is obviously some merit to the discussion.