Re: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ??

by "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 1999 00:37:03 +0100 (BST)
 To:  Michael Channing wilson <webmaster(at)lucidmind.com>
 Cc:  Steven Segarra <ssegarra(at)stevens-tech.edu>, Graphics list <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike and everyone : o )

Great site --- I havent tried slicing images and putting them into
tables for a project -- but Im sure they work well from what Ive seen
on your site and some others.I guess Photoshop as a layout tool would
be very effective for slicing into tables. But since I havent worked
extensively with images in tables -- quark as my layout tool for comps
works well.

To answer the Quark question -- my approach is to set up the master
pages with the background and layout(s) and then work on the images I
have in mind. I place them in quark and arrange things as I see fit;
images, text, etc. If I like what I see then the art is already done.
If any changes are made, they would be to the layout if anything.

I guess what works well for comps depends on what one feels most
comfortable with.