Re: Probably a really dumb question for the Photoshop gurus

by "Katrina Lobbia" <klobbia(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:27:18 PDT
 To:  tom(at)sqlman.com,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
okay, I might do things a little backwards cause I taught photoshop to
myself, but this is the best method to acheive this with getting everything
perfectly centered within each other, etc...
(yes, I know you can use fixed sizes, but god help me if I could get it
centered right)

What I do is pull out those spiffy blue guides *done by clicking in the
ruler, and dragging out onto the image. I place four of these to make a
perfect square, in the size I want to outer circle. (use the rulers to get
them evenly spaced, or you'll get an oval)
Then, place four more inside those you allready put... these go about 5 or
10 pixels inside the others (however wide you want the circle.
Now, take the circular marquee.... click and drag a circle from one corner
to its diagonal opposite on the bigger square. there. a perfect circle.
NOW, do the same thing but press the Alt key while you drag the smaller
circle from one corner to its diagonal opposite inside the smaller circle.
this will DESELECT that from the larger circle, hence making a perfect
little circle band type thing. Fill with your desired colour, and tada!
do several more if you want a "Bullseye" effect.

Anyone got another method?

Thanks
~Katrina