Re: graphcis problems

by Rick Moore <kohailin(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Ed Peddycoart <epeddycoart(at)cg2.com>
 Cc:  HWG-Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ed,

I'm pretty new at Photoshop, and HWG for that matter,
but a couple things...
-Did you try puting a book or something solid on top
of the image when you scanned it? I've been able to
flatten out things by weighing them down a bit.
-The "magic eraser tool" is great for making areas of
an image transparent. I opened your image up in
Photoshop 5.5 and had the background transparent in
just a few quick clicks. I used a tolerence of 20 in
the options pallet and it got all but a few spots
along some of the edges. A few more clicks cleaned
those up. Just remember transperancy only works in GIF
format.
-Some good tutorials can be found here...
http://www.graphicssoft.about.com/compute/graphicssoft/cs/photoshoptutorials/

Hopes this helps.

Rick