Re: Creating mouseover graphics

by f u s i o n <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:11:26 -0500
 To:  Ray Hatch <rhatch(at)edg.net>,
Zach Bagnall <bagnall(at)ihug.co.nz>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
While on a grassy hilltop in Northern Spain, surrounded by goats, Ray Hatch
wrote:

>There is a couple of options, probably the easiest is when creating the
>graphic, go ahead an add both colors of text to your graphic. Then line
<snipola>
>color text, hide the one you just did, and repeat the converting and saving.
>
>Ray
>

>At 01:03 AM 12/6/97 +1300, Zach Bagnall wrote:
>>Using photoshop 4, what's the best method for making the pair
>>of graphics that will change onMouseOver()? Say the text colour
>>just has to change.
>>Whenever I make them, the words are never in exactly the same
>>position so there is a noticable movement when the mouse is moved over.
>>	Zach.
------------

Since everyone seems to be having a problem with this one....

I have already replied to Zach in private, but I am surprised to find that
many of you were lacking the easiest answer..hmm..

1. Create your image with text.

2. Layers--> Flatten Image

3. Image --> Duplicate

4. Minimize one of the images.

5. Choose the selections tool and select the background of the image.

6 WHILE holding down Shift, click on the holes on the letters..i.e. The
letters: e, b, q, r, o, p, a, d, g, etc...whatever you see..you get the
picture..

7. Selections --> Inverse and LEAVE selected.

8. Choose your alternate text color for the foreground.

9. Windows users, hold down Alt button and press Backspace to fill the text
with the foreground color.

10. Layers --> Flatten if it's not flat still.

11. Export and gif89a or Save as (depending on what type of image you want).

Just make sure it is the size you want before you do step #3.

Did I leave something out?

b.j.