Re: Thumbnails in PS4?

by f u s i o n <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Jan 1998 14:26:41 -0500
 To:  graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

While on a grassy hilltop in Northern Spain, surrounded by goats, Nathan
wrote:

>Would a similiar thought apply to Photoshop 4 users?  I've never seen a
>resample command myself.  Any tips for creating thumbnails in PS4?
>
>-N
-------

An excellent way to create top notch Thumbs in Photo Shop 4 is to open the
image you want to make a thumbnail for, then create a new image 500 x 500
at 72ppi, next select all of your original image, edit--> copy and paste it
into the new image you created. Since the new image's height and width are
equal, you can go to Image--> Size and change one of the values and it will
change the other automatically. Also, since it has equal height and width,
it will not distort at all and will equally reduce the proportions of the
image. Just reduce the size, and if you like it, fine; if you are not happy
with it, hit Edit --> Undo and try again. Once you get the approximate size
down, then do the rest the same way.

I was in a hurry, so sorry if it was unclear. Just one of many ways, so
just work with what's most efficient for you.

take care,

/b/j/