Transparency H*ll, Pt. II - The Thanks

by Elysia De Chenn <elysia(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:30:50 -0500
 To:  corey Playmore <blckhrt_panther(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've figured out what the problem is, folks, thanks for answering me!

For Corey (and anyone else who's curious), if you've visited a webpage that
had a graphic through which you could see the background image/color in
various areas, you've seen a transparent GIF.

They're most especially useful for when you want to use a textured
background, or a background image on your homepage instead of just one
flat, solid color (I've come to find this feature indispensable to avoid
obvious differences in color, and that ugly color block around a text
graphic on a textured background).

//Elysia, who's happy to have her transparency back!

--
"You framed the sun...shot out | No Faith
 the stars...you paled the sky |  [ http://members.xoom.com/no_faith/]