Re: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ???

by Keith <kdsell(at)surfsouth.com>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:36:22 -0400
 To:  "L. J. Durham" <taliesinmedia(at)yahoo.co.uk>
 Cc:  Graphics list <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I cannot imagine anyone being very successful at all not knowing code.
I am by no means an expert, but my very first step was going to
www.barebones.com, printing out their entire tutorial (Yes, it's very
basic, but that was what I needed at the time), printing out the html
from a fairly complicated site, and dissecting it line by line until I
learned how to write it myself.

I don't see how you could have much versatility at all using JUST a
wysiwyg editor and have NO knowledge of code.  I do both, and import and
modify scripts (again, just the basic stuff) as well.  I am always
challenged to set up sites that I don't always know how to do at the
time.  One example is an online store that I am about ready to go live
with (www.rayanns.com).  This is my first venture into e-commerce
functional sites.  It has been a very intense learning process (and very
frustrating at times), but I learn as I go with the philosophy that if
someone else did it, then so can I.

When someone makes statements like those in question, it is usually a
cover for not only a lack of knowledge, but also an arrogant lack of
intelligence.

--
Thanks,

Keith D. Sellars
WebGraffix
www.webgraffix.com
email: Keith(at)WebGraffix.com

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 3537729 or,
* Page me - http://wwp.mirabilis.com/3537729,
* Send Email directly to my computer screen 3537729(at)pager.mirabilis.com