by HWG List Owner <hwglist(at)achoate.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:54:26 -0600
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:13:20 -0500
To: hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
From: "Jennifer Piascik" <jpiascik(at)zoo.ufl.edu>
Subject: h elp with photoshop

Hi everyone
I've got a pile of photos to fix and not a clue on how to go about it.
They've been over - /under-exposed to varying degrees due to a 'leaky'
camera.  The problem is that different gradations appear on the same
picture.  I've tried selecting an area with a high number of pixels for
feathering but can't seem to limit my manipulations to just the 'bad' part
of the picture.  Is there anyway to apply color balancing with the
airbrush/paintbrush?
The photos are very important to my client although I'm sure some are
beyond repair.  Please send any suggestions.
Thanks!
p.s.  For a couple of examples, see http://www.zoo.ufl.edu/jpiascik/photos.jpg

Jennifer Piascik
Graphic Artist
University of Florida Department of Zoology
392-2459; jpiascik(at)zoo.ufl.edu