Re: How do they disable this feature?

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Dec 1999 22:08:41 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
JavaScript is used to disable the right click of the mouse. If you really
want the image take
a look at the source of the page by going through the menu --> "View" -->
"Source" for
IE and look for similar in Netscape.

Take note of the path for the graphic and "Copy & Paste" into the URL to
bring up the graphic
OR left click on the graphic (if using IE) and drag the pointer a little
then let go, this "should"
cause the graphic to open up into another browser window.

You can also browse through your "Temporary Internet Files" cache with
something like ACDSee
(graphics browser/thumbnail viewer) to get the pic since it is already on
your HD.

There are probably a couple of other ways of getting around this but the
above should be
sufficient.

At 11:55 PM 12/25/99 -0500, Write Now, Inc. wrote:
>I have recently run into sites that have disabled the ability for someone
>browsing a web site to copy photos on the web site. When you try, you
>actually get a message saying that that feature is disabled.
>
>I apologize if this has been discussed recently, and if so perhaps someone
>can email me off-line about this thanks.
>

>dana b mackonis
>   writer(at)jlc.net

.oOo.