Re: Photoshop Gifs crashing

by Will Andrews <andrews(at)technologist.com>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Apr 1998 02:33:00 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Have you also noticed the way Macs map the size of gif files? I
>tested four Macs in our office and each of them showed my gifs to be
>130k (all of them), but when put on a PC disk, they mysteriously all
>changed to 32 or 12 or 8k. There was no rhyme or reason for it. My
>Mac expert says its got to do with the way Macs with large hard
>drives map memory space (whatever that means)... Still, its annoying.

[irrelevant to -Graphics (response)]:
I believe the problem may be that you have the old versions of MacOS before
8.1, where a new type of hard drive, HFS+, was added to replace HFS, or
Hierarchical File System. HFS+ no longer wasted disk space, or wasted only as
little as possible, unlike HFS, which wasted a large amount, depending on
your hard drive's size. I don't want to go into detail here, so if you want
more information, reply to me *privately*.

[relevant to -Graphics]:
I've found that the Gaussian Blur option in Photoshop 3.01 for Macintosh has
some interesting 3D enhancing features. But I've never heard of anyone
mentioning anything related to this. Comments, please?

-<<-[Will Andrews]-#-[andrews(at)TECHNOLOGIST.COM]-#-[ironwill(at)CARDINA.NET]->>-
w3: http://www.cardina.net/~ironwill/ |#| pgp public key on pgpkeys.mit.edu
q: If at first you don't succeed, well, that's pretty much it for skydiving.