Re: (cell)phone connectivity

by "peter newton" <c-newton(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Sat, 12 May 2001 07:53:53 +1200
 To:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks Dan,

I have a cellphone that can access wap pages and receive text messages etc
but no email address associated with it, or at least I havn't been told of
it. How can I find or create an address for the phone.

I'm in New Zealand and at present vodaphone provide wap capability, if I
establish an on line email package on their website they provide me with a
notificatiion option which sends the 1st so many characters of the email to
the phone. Which is fine for me but I don't want to be approaching it this
way with clients I really need to have a more direct path between the
clients cellphone and their website preferably using perl scripts. So that
if for example a form is filled out I can simply send some pertinent details
to the cellphone as easily as I can to email addresses all from within the
perl script.

hopefully
Peter.