Re: Perl Online Manual

by "Greg Rundlett" <greg(at)freephile.com>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:38:59 -0400
 To:  "Franklin,
Douglass" <Douglass.Franklin(at)ssa.gov>,
"'Jason Brett'" <jbbrett(at)zigzagnet.com>,
"Peter Benoit" <pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I just completed the perl class given by HWG, and it was a great way to get
going.  Rich Bowen really taught us alot.  The text for that class (I forget
the name, but the author is Johnson) is worth reading for a beginner, but I
found Learning PERL by Randal Schwartz and Tom Christiansen (publ. O'Reilly)
to be even better.  Of course I went out and bought some of the other
O'Reilly books: Perl Cookbook and Programming Perl.  I have always been
satisfied with O'Reilly's books.

Greg
www.freephile.com