Re: A couple of JS issues

by "Cyanide _7" <leo7278(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:59:07 CST
 To:  htmlhacker(at)hotmail.com
 Cc:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Now to my non-pressing curiosity issue.  I was experimenting with
>moving
>DIVs around in IE and NN, and have the script working right, but I'm
>wondering, if you move a DIV so far can you make it stop with some
>attribute
>like document.objectname.stop for NN and objectname.style.stop in IE?

huh?!? how exactly are you moving them? normally an external function
modifies the layers coordinates to move it, but to *stop* moving it, you
merely need to refrain from continuing to move it. the layer doesn't move by
itself and really has no control over its own actions. therefore telling it
to call a stop method (whether it exists or not.. it doesn't) would do
absolutely nothing! what would make more sense is to extend the object with
maybe a start and a stop method and give the layer the ability to move by
itself. is that what you are trying to accomplish? - Cyanide_7