Re: php includes & security

by David Mintz <mambomintz(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:40:13 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
But if there's a configuration error or some other
problem on the server, anything under your web
document directory could be exposed as though it were
a plain text file, couldn't it?

I believe that's why one of my books suggests storing
your sensitive inc files outside the web directory
tree, e.g., in /usr/home/yourname/inc/

David Mintz
Spanish Interpreter, US District Court
Southern District of New York