Re: hiding a div in another frame in NN?

by Peter-Paul Koch <ppk(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:54:13 +0200
 To:  hwg-languages(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Here is what I have (that isnt working.)
>
><script language="javascript">
><!--
>parent.frames.hidden.layers.hideme.visibility='hidden';
>//-->
></script>

Should be:

parent.hidden.document.layers.hideme.visibility='hidden';

or

parent.hidden.document.layers['hideme'].visibility='hidden';

You got one 'frames' too much and forgot 'document'.

As to 'hide': you can *set* the visibility to 'hidden' in Netscape, but if
you read it out again it's 'hide'. Samen with 'visible' and 'show'.

'style' is for all other browsers, but not for Netscape 4.

>Is there an online reference to the NN DOM that I could use to sort out
what the syntax should be?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js under DHTML => Introduction and DOM

ppk