Re: NT 4 Backup script .bat file

by "Stuart Bridge" <bridge(at)barrister.com>

 Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:32:46 -0500
 To:  "David Price" <smiley(at)sja.net>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just a quick note about AT commands:

If you have installed IE5 it take away the Administrator login across
networks using the AT command, IE5 uses Scheduled Tasks in "My Computer", or
it's off the root of c:\winnt\tasks.

This drove me crazy for days because I could not backup over my network
using the AT command, all it would back up on over the network was the NT
folder, even if I used the "net use" and entered the Administrator name and
password in the mapping of the drive it still would not back up correctly.

Once I used the Scheduled Tasks it asks for the name and password to do the
task over the network and worked great.. I just point the scheduled task to
my Bat file and the BAT file I created backs up 3 separate servers on my
network.

I am not sure if it disables anything else on the AT command but this was
enough to drive me crazy not being able to backup over my network, when days
before I was able to. So if you installed IE5 keep an eye out for this.

I can also send you the contents of my BAT file with the nt backup commands
if this will help.

Stuart Bridge
 Stuart Bridge

                      Personal