Re: How to downgrade HTTP1.1 to 1.0 on Netscape

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Tue, 16 Nov 1999 06:40 EST
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

> We are having problems with IE5 (one of the buggy versions), and we
> need to downgrade our response to see if that gets round some of
> the problems.

I guess this is unhelpful, and I'm not trying to be argumentative,
but shouldn't the focus be on the software with the bugs rather than
trying to accomodate bugs?  How will you ever REALLY know if tweaks
to the server will solve all problems in a buggy client?  You may
be starting down a road with no end...

Having said that, I use Netscape Enterprise Server, tho' I don't
exactly live-and-breath NES configs, but I've not come across
anything along the lines that allows you to select the HTTP version.
But you may need to spend time at http://developer.netscape.com for
a more definitive answer.

-John Koch