Re: IP-less webhosting?

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:29 EDT
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I'm not an Apache expert, but I don't think that this is a valid
> concern based on IP versus Name based hosting.

As mentioned, I'm using Netscape ES.  Each customer has their
own instance of the server: ie, their own copy of obj.conf,
magnus.conf, etc, etc.  There is therefore no single "root
httpd process" (using your Apache example) which will ever halt
more than one customer's website at a time should it run into
troubles...

>If the cgi scripts are hanging you need to be finding out why.

Granted.  But it's tough to fix a CGI problem before I know it's
a problem, ya know?

Anyway, thanks gang.  I think I got quality answers here...

-John