Re: Apache and Perl on NT server?

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:52:55 +0100
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:22 24/04/02 -0400, jgold wrote:
<snip/>
>1) I cannot set any permissions for the file via FTP;

This sounds like an issue with the FTP server. What FTP server is it running?

>2) There is no "sendmail" software on the machine (needed for FormMail).

There should be some sort of SMTP server on the machine. Theoretically, you
should be able to customize FormMail to use it. What SMTP server is running?

>If I have the server administrator install Apache on this machine, will
>this solve my problems?

Nope - neither is related to the web server software.

>Is there anyway to get Perl CGI scripts to work
>properly on this setup, or do I have to learn ASP?

Perl CGI will work. Do you have access to the server error logs? They
should be able to help debug the problems you are having.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/