RE: something to read these files

by "Chris Montgomery" <monty(at)astutia.com>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:25:14 -0500
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm not sure .wpd files are by default associated with Wordpad (at least
they aren't on my system, Win98).  My copy of MS Word97 indicates it can
open WordPerfect 6.x - 7 in .wpd format and I seem to recall WordPerfect
uses the .wpd extension.

MS Word has a Wordperfect conversion facility which is an option during
the Office/Word setup routine.  If you don't have this installed, you
might want to run Word's setup again and install it, then try opening
your old .wpd files.

Good luck,

Chris Montgomery             monty(at)astutia.com

Web Development & Consulting http://www.astutia.com
Allaire Consulting Partner & NetObjects Reseller
210-490-3249/888-745-7603    Fax 210-490-4692