Re: WYSIWYG (reasons not to use)

by Christian Lavoie <clavoie(at)enter-net.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:14:42 GMT
 To:  hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Why are Dreamweaver and HoTMetal Pro *good*
> WYSIWYG tools?

Dreamweaver:

 - Doesn't modify existing code unless otherwise instructed.
 - Is not tied to a single browser
 - Integrates nicely into HomeSite (which I use a lot), and therefor=20
provides a good way to have a hand-editing editor at hand
 - If you stay with Macromedia, their tools fits nice together=20
(although not quite as good as if you used Adobe tools only, as an=20
example, and it's been quite a good time I used Macromedia things, so=20
I may be out of date a bit)
 - Has some great features WYSIWYG feature (see the CNET review for=20
more on this)

I've never used HoTMetal Pro.

Christian Lavoie
clavoie(at)enter-net.com