Re: [formatting html code]

by Raymond Vazquez <r.j.vazquez(at)usa.net>

 Date:  25 Mar 99 10:59:14 EST
 To:  "Karen A.Davis" <lpl(at)ci.lawrence.ks.us>,
hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
"Karen A. Davis" <lpl(at)ci.lawrence.ks.us> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a clear explanation =

> (either in a book or on the web) concerning
> how to format html properly? =

> =

> I heard once that there is a logic to this
> and I suspect that I'm probably doing it incorrectly.
> =

Karen:

Try the new HTML-in-XML Working draft at the W3C.
[ http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html-in-xml/ ]
It's the most current and will allow for forward-compatibility.  Basicall=
y,
element names will be case-sensitive and they picked lower case (check th=
archives for the debate that started a few months back) and attribute val=
ues
will have to be quoted.  Other than that, there's no real restriction in
formatting your source, so long as you and anyone else who as to deal wit=
h it
can understand it.

Enjoy.

Raymond Vazquez